Ajinomoto OmniChem Basic Purchasing Policy
In order to ensure fair, open, transparent and simple purchasing and to secure the trust of customers and stakeholders, the Ajinomoto Group shall perform its purchasing operations rationally in compliance with laws and regulations and fulfill its agreements in cooperation with suppliers and other business partners.
Compliance, Purchasing Ethics
- The Ajinomoto Group shall act with good judgment complying with the purchasing-related laws and regulations of all countries concerned as well as Ajinomoto Group Standards of Business Conduct and other related standards.
- The Ajinomoto Group shall fulfill its agreements with suppliers and other business partners in good faith when purchasing.
- The Ajinomoto Group understands the significance of information it obtains through trade and keeps such information confidential.
- The Ajinomoto Group shall perform purchasing using fair, open, transparent and simple procedures.
- Transaction prices shall be fair and economically reasonable.
- Suppliers and other business partners shall be selected based on the comprehensive evaluation of price, quality, delivery timing, technology, safety and past results. In the event you are not selected, upon request, the Ajinomoto Group shall explain the reasons you are not selected.
- Purchasing shall in principle be based on comparison of a number of estimates (bids, etc.).
- The Ajinomoto Group shall in principle be open to new partner candidates. Candidates that meet selection standards shall be given the opportunity to go through a proper evaluation.
- The Ajinomoto Group shall promote cost reduction in cooperation with suppliers and other business partners in accordance with previously-defined assessment rules.
The Practice of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Purchasing
- Purchasing of raw materials and other products shall be in conformity with laws and regulations related to the quality and safety assurance of products, the Ajinomoto Group Quality Assurance Standard and all the other related laws and regulations.
- The Ajinomoto Group confirms that the suppliers it purchases from are conscious of global environment conservation and free of any connection to the violation of human rights, including child labor and illegal employment during either production or distribution.
Requests to Suppliers and Other Business Partners
- The Ajinomoto Group requests suppliers and other business partners to understand the Ajinomoto Group Basic Purchasing Policy and cooperate as members of the supply chain.
- The Ajinomoto Group requests suppliers and other business partners to promote a range of proposals including streamlining based on economic rationality.
- The Ajinomoto Group clearly states its expectations in such areas as compliance, human rights, labor and safety, the environment and quality in its Supplier CSR Guidelines and requests suppliers and other business partners to cooperate in implementing proper CSR.